The talk today is all about engine technology and its impact on emissions and fuel economy. ECHO has been a leader in technological innovation for 30 years. We are continually developing equipment that is more productive and more efficient. ECHO’s uses only professional-grade, 2-stroke engines that are emissions compliant and fuel-efficient. In fact, ECHO engines meet or exceed EPA and CARB emissions levels as well as reduce fuel consumption. Here are just some of the facts about ECHO 2-stroke engines and emissions:
- ECHO has reduced engine emissions on most models by up to 85% since 1997
- ECHO has more engine families (15) that meet or exceed EPA-required emission levels than any other outdoor power equipment manufacturer
- ECHO has more models certified to the EPA’s highest useful life rating (Category ‘A’ or 300 Hours) than any other outdoor power equipment manufacturer
- ECHO engines are far more fuel efficient than their counterparts produced just a few years ago
- ECHO has produced more than 2 million products that use the latest 2-stroke technology
- ECHO professional-grade, 2-stroke technology can be found in every ECHO model today.
We're proud to be the industry leader in developing emissions-compliant engine technologies – in fact there are over 50 ECHO models that meet or exceed EPA emission requirements – including:
- Chain Saws
- Power Pruners®
- Pro Attachment Series™
- Hedge Trimmers
That’s quite a list of models showcasing incredible 2-stroke technology!
In fact ECHO products are built so well using breakthrough technologies and quality manufacturing, that we’re able to offer a rock solid 5 YEAR Consumer Warranty and a dependable 2 YEAR Commercial Warranty. Buy with confidence!
Low Noise Engine Technology
But engine technology isn’t solely related to emissions and fuel consumption. Blower noise has become a hot topic and no manufacturer has more “Low Noise” blowers than ECHO. In fact, ECHO was the first manufacturer to produce a 65dB(A)-rated blower and the only one with handheld blowers rated this low. The ECHO PB-251, PB-255, PB-265L and PB-460LN models are all rated at 65dB(A) (per ANSI B175.2-2002), which is the lowest in the industry and what many communities require for “noise sensitive environments”. And ECHO remains the leader in low-noise blowers having produced over 1,000,000 units since 2000. A blower’s impact on the environment goes beyond simply using a low-noise, low-emissions model however, so we encourage you to read this PDF about Proper Leaf Blower Use or check out the Leaf Blower Noise website. You can also view guidelines on proper blower operation which details acceptable leaf blower use.
ECHO “Low Smoke” Oil Technology
ECHO PowerBlend® XTended Life™ oil is yet another technological innovation by ECHO. This oil, made exclusively for ECHO, is specifically formulated to provide low smoke exhaust and other engine-helpful benefits. As a result of extensive research, PowerBlend® XTended Life™ oil:
- Is a synthetic blend oil that’s certified for use in all air-cooled, 2-stroke, outdoor power equipment engines
- Exceeds ISO-L-EGD and JASO M345/FD requirements
- Has superior cleaning capabilities
- Minimizes exhaust port blockage
- Protects against rust, wear and corrosion
- Contains a fuel stabilizer that doubles fuel life