Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Lake Zurich, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Shift: 1st Shift
Responsible for and works closely with Engineering and Manufacturing to launch new products into production
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is responsible for and works closely with engineering and manufacturing to launch new products into production. Employee coordinates pilot production schedules and is involved in new mold and tooling acquisitions.
- Follow new product launch process and maintain pilot/production readiness scorecard
- Establishes direct labor and machine rates for new or transferred products.
- Designs new floor layouts and work procedures for products being launched or transferred.
- Analyzes and evaluates current and new manufacturing processes for efficiency, productivity, and cost effectiveness.
- Evaluate various types of equipment and processes and make recommendations based on the application to Echo's products.
- Obtains competitive quotes on equipment and piece parts. Creates spreadsheets or comparable documentation for evaluation and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Assists in the development of less senior personnel.
- Responsible for the completion of work assignments on a prearranged schedule. Works with minimum work direction and supervision.
- Establish standards & documentation for various assembly and process operations.
- Responsible for training employees on new assembly processes and equipment. Employee must be able to effectively communicate with other employees.
- Employee must be well organized, detail oriented and able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
Must have a BS degree in mechanical engineering. Have at least 10 years’ experience in manufacturing engineering or mechanical engineering in a fast paced manufacturing environment. Have experience launching new products into production. Must have project management experience. Have a proficiency in assembly processes. Working knowledge of WORD, EXCEL, and PROJECT. Ability to work with little supervision. Ability to lift 70 pounds of weight. Ability to work with hands and to work in mechanically oriented situations.
Must be able to travel to outside suppliers to validate equipment and tooling.
Last Updated: 11/18/2014 10:12:19 PM